we get serious!
Grammarly Light is a great way to check grammar on your posts in Newsactivist.
|We will be
listening to a presentation by Avrum Goldman of
the firm Pratt and Whitney.
Defining Ethical Business.
His presentation on Ethics and Large Corporations is linked to his photo at left.
here to a list of teams including your schedule of online meetings
to discuss this presentation. From your team sheet you can access your
worksheet to discuss ethics with your partners.
1. Finalize grammar homework presentation schedule.
2. Work on your Ethics
Questionnaire with your team members in Jonquière and post your essay
on NewsActivist as explained in Week 1.
3. Evaluation Grid for Discussion on Avrum Goldman
If you are
absent, link here to your schedule for conferences. You can link on to the discussion
from the address on the schedule outside of class. Write your name and group as a guest.
The moderator will admit you.
The presentation should follow the Outline below with
few exceptions. It should develop its information in detail, presenting
various facts and then synthesizing these statements into a conclusion
to advance a theme of the presentation.
• Introduce yourselves!
• Discuss your reactions to the presentation.
• Did you feel the speaker was well prepared?
• How did the information presented agree with your own opinions about
ethics in business?
• What do you feel wasn’t discussed that should have been?
• What questions did you want to ask but didn’t and how do you think
Avrum Goldman would have responded?
• What did you learn from this presentation that you you could use to
explain why you chose to study business?
• Make a conclusion!
Language of presentation must be appropriate to topic -
• The presentation must have the tone of a semi-formal presentation to
an audience, being the class including the professor. First person
references should be limited to personal experiences avoiding personal
opinions where possible.
• Vocabulary must be appropriate to topic.
You must demonstrate confidence in your knowledge of the
Avoid unnecessary gaps in the presentation. Avoid filler words like
'uh'. Your cadence should be comfortable, and you should sound assured
with an inflection that states facts and asks few questions except as
1. Newsactivist Post: Complete your post on
NewsActivist from Week 1. Grammarly Light is a great way to check grammar on your posts in Newsactivist.
If your last English course was at level 101, write
If your last course was at level 102, write 250 words.
If your last course was at level 103, write at least 250 words.
2. Make a comment about one of the posts in
Newsactivist! Don't make
a new topic for this but make another post in the existing topic.
3. Grammar Exercise: During the week I will
MIO you a link to a grammar quiz suggested by the topic of next week's
grammar presentation. You must do the presentation before you come to
class next Monday. Your grade will count as part of the 10% for Grammar
Click here to
return to the English in Business home page